Company Name: Residential Landlords Association Ltd
Registered Address: 1 Roebuck Lane, Sale, Manchester, M33 7SY.
Co. Registration Number: 2869179
Registered in England & Wales
Telephone: 0845 666 5000
Fax: 0845 665 1845
When you visit www.rla.org.uk we place a cookie on your computer so that we can follow your visit from page to page.
We store any information you provide to us within the United Kingdom.
Your information is not passed to any third party at any stage, except for name and address details which are passed to our card processing companies when card processing, and to our anti-fraud company partners for fraud prevention. Your credit card details are not stored by www.rla.org.uk.
We will not divulge on your personal details (including email address) to anyone, except if required by law. If you are member of the RLA we may disclose the fact that you are a member to third parties for good reason.
Welcome to Residential Landlords Association Ltd. (RLA). RLA, RLA Publishing Limited (RLAP) and RLAAS Limited (RLAAS) provide their services to you, subject to the following conditions. References to RLA include RLPA and RLAAS. When using a particular RLA service, you and we shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such service. All users, members and non members, are subject to these Terms of Service. If additional or different guidelines or rules apply to a particular service and those guidelines or rules are inconsistent with these Terms of Service those guidelines or rules shall prevail over these Terms of Service. You are bound by these Terms of Service and any applicable guidelines or rules whether or not you have read them. Your attention is drawn to the disclaimer and users responsibility sections at paragraphs 5, 6 and 7 below. Where RLA is an introducer to services provided by a third party the provisions of paragraphs 25 and 26 below apply. Your attention is drawn to these. The RLA disclaim any responsibility in this situation.
1. RLA provides users with access to online and other services. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augments or enhances the current services, including the release of new RLA services, shall be subject to these Terms of Service (TOS) and any particular posted guidelines or rules applicable to the relevant service. You understand and agree that RLA assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
1.2 RLA only operates in England and Wales; not elsewhere. We can only provide services relating to property located in England and Wales. If your property is located elsewhere it is your responsibility to notify us.
2.1 The name Residential Landlords Association and all other RLA logos, names and services referred to by RLA are trademarks of RLA. All rights are reserved.
2.2 In order to use the services, where applicable you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access Web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device.
3. In consideration of your use of RLA's services, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration or similar form or other request (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, or RLA has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, RLA has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of RLA’s services (or any portion of them).
4. When you use any RLA online service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. When you visit RLA on-line services or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications should be in writing. You must comply with all instructions and guidelines notified to you.
5. You expressly understand and agree that:
5.1 This site and all RLA services are provided by RLA on as “as is” and “as available” basis. RLA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express of implied, as to the operation of this site or any other service provided to you or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site or otherwise provided to you or their correctness or accuracy. You expressly agree that your use of this site or any service is at your sole risk.
5.2 RLA makes no warranty that (i) RLA’s services will meet your requirements, (ii) RLA’s services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of RLA’s services will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material obtained by you through RLA’s services will meet your expectations, or that (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
5.3 To the full extent permissible by applicable law, RLA disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, security and accuracy. RLA does not warrant that this site, it’s servers, or e-mail sent from RLA are free of viruses or other harmful components or that it will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected. We accept no liability for hacking or any virus or contamination or attack.
5.4 You expressly understand and agree that RLA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, business, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if RLA has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or inability to use RLA’s services; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute goos and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from RLA’s services; (iii) unauthorised access to alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on RLA’s services; or (v) any other matter relating to RLA’s service.
5.5 Nothing in this Clause will limit or exclude liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
6.1 Due to the nature of the services provided the RLA can only give general information guidance and advice. The RLA cannot be aware of the individual circumstances applicable to any user or the circumstances surrounding any property belonging to or under the control or management of any user. Users should obtain and rely on appropriate advice from a qualified professional persons relating to their specific circumstances. You attention is drawn to the disclaimer of liability/exclusion of warranties in the preceding paragraph of the TOS.
6.2 In particular, individual local authorities and other statutory bodies are the enforcing authorities for various legislative provisions which will apply to users. Information regarding their standards, practice and procedures as well as their interpretation and application of legislation (which may vary between authorities/bodies) should be obtained from the particular authority/body
7.1 This Paragraph applies where the services provided are the supply of - documents in whatever format whether or not payment is made. Where payment is made and the supply is by RLAP specific guidelines and rules also apply
7.2 RLA reserve the right to cancel any order/request for provision of documents if:
7.2.1 RLA encounters technical problems in sending you the documents
7.2.2 The document requested is no longer available
If RLA do cancel your order/request RLA will notify you by email. RLA will not be obliged to offer any compensation including compensation for disappointment suffered (other than to refund any payment made by you).
7.3 RLA will deliver the documents to the e-mail address supplied by you at the point of ordering the documents. You may want to check your spam/junk box if you have not received your documents when expected.
7.4 Delivery of the documents will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 10 days of your order subject to availability.
7.5 If the documents RLA deliver are not what you ordered, damaged or defective or is of incorrect quantity, RLA unless payment is made in which case RLA shall have no liability to you unless you notify RLA in writing at our contact address of the problem within 5 working days of the delivery of the documents in question.
7.6 If you do not receive the documents ordered by you within 10 days of the date on which you ordered them you must notify RLA in writing at our contact address of the problem within 20 days of the date on which you ordered the documents but RLA shall be under no liability unless the documents are paid for.
7.7 If you notify a problem to RLA under this condition RLA’s only obligation will be at your option:
7.7.1 to make good any shortage of the documents or non-delivery
7.7.2 to replace documents that are damaged or defective
7.8 In any event RLA shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation for any breach of the terms contained in this Paragraph other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the documents in question (if any).
7.9 RLA do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the content supplied in the documents. It is your responsibility to select the correct documents for your needs. You should take legal advice or other appropriate professional advice regarding this if you are uncertain. Likewise, completion of any blanks or alternatives is entirely your responsibility and, again, if need be you should take your own legal advice. RLA cannot accept any responsibility or liability if the wrong document or content is used or if any information which is inserted is incorrect.
7.10 RLA has tried to ensure that all the content provided in the documents is correct at the time of publication. The content is provided in the documents on an information basis only and should not be relied upon. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of RLA for any errors, omissions or misleading content in the documents.
8.1 You understand that all information, data, text, charts, tables, software, video, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trade marks, service marks or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not RLA, are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, e-mail, give or otherwise transmit via RLA's services. RLA does not control the Content posted by you or any third party via RLA's online services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will RLA be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, e-mailed, given or otherwise transmitted by you or any third party via RLA's services.
8.2 You acknowledge and agree that RLA may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third- parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of RLA, its users, and the public. Content may be deleted or modified by the RLA in its discretion.
8.3 You understand that the technical processing and transmission of RLA's on line services, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
8.4 Any Content provided by you must not be defamatory, offensive, obscene or otherwise objectionable. It must not be in breach of any copyright or other Intellectual property rights. It must comply with all legal requirements.
9.1 All rights in any Content supplied by the RLA belong to the RLA or the person by whom such content has been provided to the RLA. It is your responsibility to update/correct any Content which is in inaccurate, misleading or out of date. You may retrieve and display Content from the RLA on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal use or for one in connection with your business of owning letting or managing rented residential accommodation. Content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any other way.
9.2 You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Content supplied by us or display it in a different format or manner or to use it for any purpose other than for your personal use or for use in connection with your business of owning letting or managing rented residential accommodation.
9.3 Any Content or RLA service must only be used in accordance with all applicable law and regulations and in particular (without prejudice to the generality of these provisions) the Data Protection legislation and regulations.
9.4 Where any Content is subject to third party rights any applicable notices or logos must be retained. In such case any content must not be copied or used without the permission of the Owner.
10. With respect to all Content you elect to post, upload, input, provide, or submit to RLA's services, you grant RLA the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
11.1 You agree not to re-sell transfer or reproduce, distribute, disclose, duplicate, or copy any portion of RLA's services, use of RLA's services, or access to RLA's services.
11.2 You will not assign, sub-licence or otherwise transfer your right under these Terms.
12. RLA reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, RLA's services (or any part thereof), with or without notice. You agree that RLA shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of RLA's services.
13. RLA reserves the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any fees or charges for the RLA service, and to institute new fees or charges effective upon prior notice, by posting such changes on RLA site. Any payment due must be made at the time and in the manner specified. VAT may be charged in addition.
14.1 If you are not a member of the RLA you agree that RLA, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of RLA's services, and remove and discard any Content within RLA's services, for any reason. You agree that any termination of your access to RLA's services may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that RLA may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or RLA's services.
14.2 If you are a member of the RLA the RLA may exercise the rights in 14.1 for good reason or if you breach these TOS or any other applicable posted guidelines and rules.
14.3 You agree that RLA shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to RLA's services where permitted under this paragraph.
15. You acknowledge and agree that RLA's services and any necessary software used in connection with RLA's online services ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that information presented to you through RLA's services is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You must not breach these.
17. The RLA reserves the right, to make changes to any parts of the documents or these TOS or the guidelines and rules applicable to any particular service. When this occurs details of the amendments will be published on the RLA website. Your continued use of the RLA website is taken as your agreement to be bound by these TOS or the guidelines and rules as amended.
18. These TOS and any guidelines and rules applicable to a particular service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
19. If these TOS or any guidelines and rules applicable to a particular service or any part of them should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country in which these TOS and guidelines and rules are intended to be effective, then to the extent that they are so illegal, invalid or unenforceable, they shall in that state or country be treated as severed and deleted from these TOS and any guidelines and rules and the remaining TOS and any guidelines and rules shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable in that state or country.
20. If there is any conflict between these TOS and any other written agreement between you and us then the latter shall prevail.
21. The RLA will not be responsible for any breach of these TOS or any guidelines and rules applicable to a particular service caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
22. A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act
24. You will indemnity us against all actions costs claims demands and liabilities arising directly or indirectly out of any claim by or liability to any third party against us arising out of or connected with your use of any RLA Service or Content
25.1 When any RLA service is provided to the RLA by a third party (“the Provider”) in order to enable the service to be provided to you the service is subject to the Provider’s posted terms and conditions so far as applicable. Where there is any conflict between the Terms of Service of any Provider and ourselves then the RLA’s ToS or other rules and guidelines shall prevail.
25.2 You agree not to do anything which is a breach of the Provider’s terms and conditions where they are posted on the RLA website.
25.3 Paragraph 24 (Indemnity) also applies if there is any claim against us arising out of any breach of any of the Provider’s terms and conditions.
26.1 Where any services are provided by a third party this will be indicated online or in other documentation provided relating to the particular service involved. In such a case any order is given to the Provider and any contract is between you and the Provider. The RLA is not a party to such a contract. In such a situation the RLA acts purely as an introducer. We are NOT acting as Agent for either you or for the Provider.
26.2 The RLA is not in any way liable to you under or in respect of any contract between you and the Provider. The RLA accepts no liability whatsoever or responsibility for any act, omission, failure or breach of contract on the part of the Provider or anyone else acting on behalf of the Provider and all such liability is disclaimed.